Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Only 3 more days to go

The kids are so excited for Christmas they can't stand it. Yesterday I wrapped gifts that were from daddy and I and then a gift from each other. They have been going up to the tree looking at me and ask very nicely if they can "Open just one" up? And the answer each and every time is "No". They don't like that response, but I did tell them their patience will be worth it. I thought long and hard about what to get each kiddo and Skyler's was easy we got him two transformers and the DVD Mater's Tall Tales. Skyler has been wanting that DVD forever since they brought it out. I just know he is going to be super excited. As for Kaylee she is in utter LOVE with Justin Bieber. I have no clue how she found out about him but she adores him. Everytime he sings, she puts her hand over her heart. My Best Friend Michelle got her a Justin Bieber doll for Christmas and when she got it, she screamed like 14 year old girls do. Everyone had a good laugh. Well I started looking for other Justin Bieber stuff. I found a shirt, a watch *that I got at an amazing price at Kohls(regularly $20, on sale for $9 and I got 30% off of that)*, a dog tag necklace, a bracelet, a CD and I finally found her Justin Bieber PJ's that were another awesome price at Kohl's at just $7.00. Oh yeah and stickers to go in her stocking. I am super excited to see her open it up, she is going to be tickled pink. Kaylee got Skyler Handy Manny's workshop which he loves to build stuff so this is perfect. And Skyler got Kaylee a Jewel Sparkles Lalaloopsy. David suprised me and picked up another gift from mommy and daddy to each of the kiddos. He picked up Skyler Iron Man sets and Kaylee is getting the mini lalaloopsy's. She has been going crazy for those.


Kaylee *helped* me wrap gifts for my sister, my mom, my dad, Taylor and Zach and I think that was a mistake as when we dropped the presents off at my mom's today she started telling grandma what all the items were. She is my big mouth of the two. Skyler can keep a secret but Kaylee can't. She always says that she will not tell, but right after you tell her give her two minutes and she can't hold it in any longer. :)


Santa is bringing the rest of the gifts and from what he and I have discussed Skyler is getting Chugginton sets, Transformers, Stinky the truck and a few batman items that he wanted and of course some candy...what Christmas would not be complete without that vital piece of the puzzle. Now from what Santa told me he is bring Kaylee the Olivia platset, The Plum Pudding purple car, and lalaloopsy's and candy too.


Skyler's last day of school was yesterday. They had breakfast in his classroom complete with sausage and cinnamon rolls. Then they were to wear their sleeping clothes, bring a pillow and blanket and a stuffed animal. He brought his heart puppy. He got it for Valentine's day when he was two and still sleeps with that thing. It's one of Ty's items and thank goodness it can be washed. Then they had Happy Meals for lunch. They had a good time. On Monday they made Gingerbread houses. David went to help out and Kaylee got to tag along so she got to make them too.


Kaylee's last day was Monday and she had a Christmas party. Each kiddo was to bring a book and they play a game and then whatever book you wind up with you get to take home. Well when Kaylee opened hers she got a Toy Story book, she does not like Toy Story at all, David told me she said "I don't want this" and threw the book down. I just couldn't believe it. Lately she has been doing stuff like that and I am not pleased at all with those reactions from her. So I asked David if he corrected her, he said no. But she did apologize to everyone and to her teacher. I am not sure what her deal is lately but she and I had a talk and I told her she was lucky daddy was there with her, because I would of taken her out of her chair and in another room and spanked her bottom. (I realize for some that just talking to your kids or taking toys away, or time out or so forth works, but for mine it just doesn't and believe me I have tried everything, the only thing that works is a spanking)

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am headed to Louisiana Christmas nite and will be bringing in the New Year there.


Photobucket

No comments: