Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well things are kind of getting back to normal around here. Last night I actually got to drive for the first time and it was quite nice, although my belly did not think so a little bit later that night. We went to mom and dad's to eat. The kids love going over there, I think it's because grandma Susie gives them whatever they want. Although I am looking forward to tomorrow. This means that I have a night to myself without the kids, which is always nice.

I have been watching The Bachleor lately. I quit watching it about 2-3 years ago because it got old...but the guy that they have up there now seems really down to earth. I just can't believe that the girl that did not chose him on the Bachleorette has the nerve to come back and want a second chance with him, after her other realtionship goes south. This really bugs me! She had her chance and chose to be with Jesse verse Jason. I am rooting for Melissa, I don't feel as if Molly has let her guard down and I just don't think she is as real as Melissa is. I couldn't believe that he let Jillian go! I was rooting for her or Mel, and well now I am rooting for Mel. You can just tell that she really truly cares for him. So I am rooting her on.

Also I know this is kind of a touchy subject but I def have an opinion. The mom that gave birth to the octuplets, I am just in awe over this! She has six kids already, doesn't work and lives with her mother who already takes care of the six that she has...then wants to have more kids. I watched the interview with her and watched Dr. Phil's discussion on the subject. She has this void, I think, that has to be filled by a baby. I think once they get past the baby stage she wants another. The lady that is/was representing her says that the community needs to pull together to help the kids out. I understand and do agree that the kids need to be taken care of, but I feel that this is not the communities place to do this. She needs to be held accountable for choosing to have these kids. And don't get me wrong I have a strong need normally to help people, but I just don't feel it here. She is living with her mom and basically has no responsiblities to her six that she had before and then wants help after she chose to have more kids. I think she needs to take care of herself and get a job and prove that she can take care of herself and the six that she already had and then bring the babies back into the picture. Like I said this is just my opinion but this really burns me up.

I am also watching American Idol for the first time in 2 years! And I am rooting for Danny all the way! I am so touched by his story. He went to the audition just 4 weeks after his wife passed away. I am only wishing the best for him, and he has an amazing voice!

On another note I am pretty bummed. We had planned on taking the kids into Mardi Gras this year, it was going to be their first, but money wise we just don't have it. This is the biggest let down to me b/c Mardi Gras is a lot of fun. We generally go to Metairie and hit the parades. I will not go downtown on Burbon as it would take you an hour to go a block if that, and it's not family-oriented.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: