Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Such a HORRIBLE Day!


First let me start by saying how the day started. I didn't get up till 6:30. My alarm was set for 6 and I am thinking David turned it off. So Kailynn normally gets here at 6:30 and luckily I had just came down the stairs when she got here. I should have known by this how the day was going to go.

Skyler from the time that he got up has been so defiant! It is getting worse day by day, and I am at the point that I don't know what to do anymore. I have felt like pulling out my hair all day. I had him down for a nap and of course David got up and everytime David gets up Skyler is so bad! So naturally he didn't take a nap. I am so thankful that he has preschool tomorrow!

Then about 2 pm I get a call from my dr office, thinking that I will have an answer for sure. But quess what?!? They messed my blood up once again. My dr had no apologies that we needed to draw more blood, and that these things just happen. So I told him that I wasn't even going to worry about it anymore! I am tired of people messing up things and then having no apologies. So I hung up on the dr, well what made me hang up is David. The dr wanted to talk to him and David said that he was to busy...so I just hung up. I was so mad at David that he couldn't even take a phone call and show that he cared.

Then a lady from the dr office called back, one of their social workers, and let me tell you she was so sincere! If it hadn't had been for her I wouldn't of called back to the dr office. She apologized for what was happening. And she has gotten me to agree to take the blood again and she will be the contact person on my blood all the way through the process. She is going to be the one calling me to let me know either way. I told her that I did not want the dr calling back because I felt like I was just another paycheck to him. It's a shame that I feel that way with the medical field...but it's just a fact anymore. I feel like all they see is dollar signs when someone calls to make an appointment and see more dollar signs when someone walks through the door. She even apologized for the way my dr acted. She said that she had asked him if anyone apologized to me, and his response to her "these things just happen", so naturally that is a big fat no. She described how I was feeling...like a guinea pig! But she was so sweet and I told her that if it hadn't been for the caring sound in her voice I would not have returned her phone call. She gives me hope that their are some people with compassion in the medical field, and your compassion for your patients and their well being should be what drives you...not the money.
Up above is Kaylee from yesterday pretending to cook!

No comments: