Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wow!

Man I just can not seem to keep up with the blog like I use to. Work and Facebook def get in my way of keeping it up. For those who don't know I have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and will be having surgery on Thursday to remove it, the surgery was originally Wednesday but it got pushed back, and then the 3rd of Dec I will be starting chemo. I am very scared this time go around but I am planning on keeping a positive outlook. My last day of work is tonight. Not really sad, I like the people I work with just don't like the aspects of the jobs and the nite hours. The kids are very happy that I am not going to be working. When I told them that today was my last day working they were very happy. With the chemo I am going to have 6-8 cycles of treatment and it will be aggressive. I know I will lose my hair but my mom and sister are going to help me shave it before the chemo can take it. My biggest worry is the kids. I just don't want them to be afraid or sad. Also money is a big concern. Since I will not be working I am super stressed about how we will make bills. But I know and hope we will find a way.

My in laws are coming in for Thanksgiving. They are coming up this Sunday and will leave the following Sunday. This is the first time that they will stay and entire week. Normally they come up the day before Thanksgiving and leave that Sunday. I hope they will put up the tree with the kids and I am hoping to get my father in law to hang the lights, because I know David won't do it. We have chosen not to tell them so that they can enjoy their visit. We are going to tell them before they leave. The kids are excited for them to come in. We only get to see them twice a year.

But I hope to be back within a week to keep you updated about how the surgery went and how I am feeling.

No comments: