Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I hate being sick!!!

It is jus the worst ever. This is one of the worst sinus infections that I have had and I think it's because since my spleen is out that I have nothing to help fight it. GRRRR!!! The kids I think are starting to feel better. They still have a cough but it's not too bad. But now of course I am sick and there is nothing like taking care of kids at the same time as being sick.

I am so ready to head to Louisiana. Nice weather for sure and it will be wonderful. I have to say in the spring I miss it because it is so nice and warm. We are going to the zoo, so be warned there will be a ton of pictures to post. We are also having Kaylee's Birthday down there too. So I am sure there will be plenty of pics from that too. We are having My Little Pony down there and she picked out Care Bears for here.

While we are in I am secretly hoping to eat some boiled crawfish. If you are not from Louisiana and have no idea what I am talking about let me fill you in. What they do is have a HUGE pot to cook the yummy stuff in. Then they buy sacks of crawfish most are in 40 lbs sacks. A crawfish looks like a miniture lobster, or can be referred to as crawdaddies. First you purge them which means they are alive and you fill them up, most use a larger cooler and fill it with water and you purge them with salt. This helps them spit up all the dirt and mud, cause that is where they love to be in. We normally purge them 2-3 times. Then you stick them in the hot boiling water and add the crawfish seasoning which is spicy and after a bit they are good to eat. YUM!! Then you also boil new potatoes and little corn and I compeltely love the corn. It is so spicy and good. Ah man I really miss it down there now!

No comments: